Concrete is the most essential building material widely used in construction, roads, bridges, tunnels, and other fields.
However, during service, concrete is easily affected by environmental factors, such as temperature, humidity, oxidation, and so on, resulting in the decline of its performance and even damage.
To improve the performance of concrete, many methods have been studied, one of which is to add polypropylene (PP) fiber.
PP fiber is a high-strength and high-modulus polymer fiber with excellent chemical stability, heat resistance, and weather resistance.
Adding PP fiber to concrete can improve its performance and strength, durability, and impact resistance.
This paper introduces the types, performance characteristics, and application range of PP fiber for concrete.
Types of PP fibers
According to the different production processes and fiber morphology, PP fibers for concrete can be divided into the following types:
1) Chopped fiber: polypropylene particles are made into short-cut fiber by melting, extruding, and shredding at high temperatures.
The price of this kind of fiber is low, but the length and distribution of the yarn are challenging to control and are easy to reunite.
2) Continuous fiber: polypropylene is made into continuous filament by a wire drawing process, which has high strength and modulus.
This fiber can strengthen concrete and prestressed concrete products and improve their mechanical properties and durability.
3) Monofilament fiber: polypropylene is made into monofilament fiber with high strength and rigidity.
This kind of fiber can strengthen the thin-walled part of concrete products and improve its impact resistance and durability.
4) Reticular fiber: polypropylene is made into a reticular structure with good dispersibility and flexibility.
This kind of fiber can strengthen the surface layer of concrete products and improve its crack resistance and durability.
1) High strength: PP fiber has excellent stability and modulus, which can effectively improve concrete's tensile strength and compressive strength.
2) Heat resistance: PP fiber has good heat resistance and can perform excellently in high-temperature environments.
3) Chemical resistance: PP fiber has an excellent tolerance to acid, alkali, salt, and other chemicals and can resist the erosion of various chemical substances.
4) Aging resistance: PP fiber has good anti-aging properties and can maintain its mechanical properties and durability for a long time.
5) Environmental protection: PP fiber can be recycled, is environmentally harmless, and is a sustainable building material.
1) Bridge engineering: in bridge engineering, using PP fiber-reinforced concrete can effectively improve the bearing capacity and impact resistance of the bridge deck and prolong the service life of the bridge deck.
At the same time, PP fiber can also be used to strengthen the reinforced concrete structure of the bridge and improve its seismic performance and durability.
2) Road engineering: in road engineering, the use of PP fiber-reinforced concrete can effectively improve the wear and impact resistance of the pavement and prolong the pavement's service life.
At the same time, PP fiber can also be used to strengthen the base and subbase of the road and improve its stability and durability.
3) Building engineering: using PP fiber-reinforced concrete can effectively improve the bearing capacity and impact resistance of buildings and prolong the service life of buildings.
At the same time, PP fiber can strengthen stairs, railings, and other parts of buildings to improve their safety and durability.
4) Tunnel engineering: in tunnel engineering, the use of PP fiber-reinforced concrete can effectively improve the tunnel's bearing capacity and prolong the tunnel's service life.
At the same time, PP fiber can also be used to strengthen the lining and supporting structure of the tunnel and improve its seismic performance and durability.
5) other fields: in addition to the above areas, PP fiber can also be used in port engineering, hydraulic engineering, nuclear power engineering, and other fields.
For example, PP fiber can be used to enhance the wear resistance and impact resistance of wharf surface in port engineering, PP fiber can be used to improve the impermeability and durability of hydraulic structures in hydraulic engineering, and PP fiber can be used to enhance the radiation resistance and durability of containment in nuclear power engineering.
PP fiber Supplier
TRUNNANO is a reliable concrete additives supplier with over 12-year experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development.
If you are looking for high-quality concrete additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. (email@example.com)
We accept payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union, and Paypal. TRUNNANO will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.