Apparent density:0.25-0.70 g/cm3
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose HPMC is the most widely used material in concrete.
The high water retention rate improves the hydration of the cement and limits the absorption of mixed water by the matrix, thus providing excellent mechanical and bonding properties for the mortar.
What is HPMC Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose?
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is a white or almost white powder, odorless, tasteless, and non-toxic.
Water solubility and thickening ability:
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can be dissolved in cold water to form a transparent viscous solution.
Dissolution in organic solvents: Because hydroxypropyl methylcellulose contains a certain amount of hydrophobic methoxy groups, this product can be dissolved in some organic solvents, and it can also be dissolved in water and organic solvents.
HPMC Powder is a non-ionic polymer; it is relatively stable in the aqueous solution of metal salt or organic electrolyte. Surface activity: The aqueous solution of this product has surface activity, emulsification, protective colloid, and relatively stable functions and properties.
The aqueous hydroxypropyl methylcellulose solution becomes impermeable when heated to a certain temperature until a (poly) flocculation state is formed, making the solution lose its viscosity. But after cooling, it will be transformed into the original solution state. The gel phenomenon's temperature depends on the type of product, the concentration of the solution, and the heating rate.
Low ash content:
Because hydroxypropyl methylcellulose has thermal gelling properties, HPMC can be effectively refined by washing with hot water during preparation, so its ash content is very low.
PH stability: The viscosity of the aqueous solution of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is stable within the range of PH3.0-11.0.
HPMC is hydrophilic; it can be added to mortar, gypsum, paint, etc., to maintain high water retention in the product.
Compared with other water-soluble polymers, the deep liquid of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose has special viscoelastic properties. Its addition can keep the shape of extruded ceramic products unchanged, etc.
Adding HPMC can reduce the coefficient of friction and improve the lubricity of extruded ceramic and cement products.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can produce flexible, transparent, and excellent mechanical properties and has good oil and grease resistance.
Physical and chemical properties of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
Granularity:100 mesh pass rate is greater than 95.5%, 80 mesh pass rate is 100%
Carbonization temperature: 280-300℃
Apparent density: 0.25-0.70/cm3 specific gravity 1.26-1.31
Discoloration temperature: 190-200℃
Surface tension: 42-56dyn/cm for 2% aqueous solution
Solubility: soluble in water and some solvents, and the aqueous solution has surface activity. High transparency, stable performance, and solubility change with viscosity; the lower the viscosity, the greater the solubility.
HPMC also has the thickening ability, salt resistance, pH stability, water retention dimensional stability, excellent film-forming properties, and a wide range of enzyme resistance, dispersibility, and adhesion.
HPMC Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Applications
1. Cement mortar: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose improve the dispersibility of cement sand, greatly improve the plasticity and water retention of mortar, have an effect on preventing cracks, and can enhance the strength of cement.
2. Tile cement: improve the plasticity and water retention of the pressed tile mortar, improve the adhesive force of the tile, and prevent chalking.
3. Coating of refractory materials such as asbestos: as a suspension agent and fluidity improver, it also improves the adhesion to the substrate.
4. Gypsum coagulation slurry: improve water retention and processability, and improve adhesion to the substrate.
5. Joint cement: It is added to joint cement for gypsum board to improve fluidity and water retention.
6. Latex putty: improve the fluidity and water retention of putty based on resin latex.
7. Plaster: As a paste that replaces natural materials, it can improve water retention and bonding strength with the substrate.
8. Painting: As a plasticizer for latex paint, it improves the handling performance and fluidity of paint and putty powder.
9. Spray coating: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose has a good effect on preventing cement or latex spraying only material filler from sinking and improving fluidity and spray pattern.
10. Cement and gypsum secondary products: Used as an extrusion molding binder for hydraulic materials such as cement-asbestos series to improve fluidity and obtain uniform molded products.
11. Fiber wall: Because of its anti-enzyme and anti-bacterial effect, it is effective as a binder for sand walls.
12. Others: It can be used as a bubble-retaining agent for thin mortar, sand mortar, and plaster operators.
If you are looking for high-quality hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. TRUNNANO (email@example.com)
We accept payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union, and Paypal. TRUNNANO will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.