Overview of concrete additives
Concrete additives also referred to as concrete admixtures, refer to the material added to improve and adjust the performance of concrete. Concrete admixtures are chemical additives or mineral additives added during concrete mixing to enhance specific properties of the fresh or hardened concrete, such as workability, durability, or early and final strength. They can either be liquid or powdered additives. The amount of concrete admixture is generally not more than 5% of the cement quality. Because concrete admixture can improve the performance of concrete effectively, and has good economic benefit. It has been widely used in many countries and has become an indispensable material in concrete.
Classifications of concrete additives
1. Additives to improve the variable performance of concrete mixing. Including a variety of water-reducing agents, air-entraining agents and pumping agents.
2. Adjust the concrete setting time, hardening performance admixture. Including retarding agent, early strength agent and accelerating agent.
3. Additives to improve the durability of concrete. Including air entrainment agent, waterproof agent and rust inhibitor.
4. Additives for improving other properties of concrete. Including aerating agent, expansion agent, colorant, antifreeze, waterproof agent and pumping agent .
Uses of concrete additives
1. Can reduce the water consumption of concrete. Or you can increase the fluidity of concrete without increasing the amount of water used.
2. You can adjust the setting time of concrete.
3. Reduce concrete bleeding and segregation. Improved workability and water panning resistance.
4. Slump loss can be reduced. Increase permeability of pumped concrete.
5. It reduces shrinkage. The addition of an expansion agent can also compensate for shrinkage.
6. Delay the initial hydration heat of concrete. Reduce the temperature rise speed of mass concrete and reduce the occurrence of cracks.
7. Improve the early strength of concrete. Prevents freezing at negative temperature.
8. Improve strength, increase frost resistance, permeability resistance, wear resistance, corrosion resistance.
9. Control alkali-aggregate reaction. Prevent steel corrosion, reduce chloride ion diffusion.
10. Make concrete with other special properties.
11. Reduce the viscosity coefficient of concrete.
Supplier of concrete additives
Luoyang Tongrun Info Technology Co., Ltd.is professional in concrete additives, lightweight concrete and foam concrete solutions. We can supply high-quality polycarboxylate superplasticizer, waterproof agent, air-entraining agent, alkali-free accelerators and concrete early strength agent for concrete mix, all over the world. Send us an email or click on the needed products to send an inquiry.
L/C, T/T, Western Union, Paypal, Credit Card etc.
By sea, by air, by express, as customers request.
1) Store in a dry environment at room temperature.
2) Avoid damp and high temperature.
3) Use immediately after opening the inner packing bag.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.