What is HPMC Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose?
HPMC Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose is the most widely used material in concrete.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is a white or nearly white powder, odorless, tasteless, and non-toxic.
The high water retention rate improves the hydration of the cement.
It limits the absorption of mixed water by the matrix, thus providing excellent mechanical and bonding properties for the mortar.
Features of HPMC Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose
1. It is water soluble and thickening.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can be dissolved in cold water to form a transparent viscous solution that can be dissolved in organic solvents. Because hydroxypropyl methylcellulose contains a certain amount of hydrophobic methoxy, the product is soluble in some organic solvents and water.
2. It is salt resistant.
HPMC powder is relatively stable in aqueous solutions of metal salts or organic electrolytes and is a non-ionic polymer. It is surface active. This aqueous solution has surface activity, emulsification, protection of colloids, and relatively stable functions and properties.
3. It has a hot gel.
The aqueous solution of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose becomes impervious after heating to a certain temperature until it forms a (poly) flocculation state so that the solution loses its viscosity. But when it cools, it returns to its original solution. The temperature that triggers the gel phenomenon depends on the concentration of the solution, the type of product, and the rate of heating.
4. It has a low ash content.
Due to the hot gelling property of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, HPMC can be effectively refined by hot water washing during the preparation process, so its ash content is very low.
5. Its PH is stable.
The viscosity of hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose solution is stable in the PH3.0-11.0 range.
6. It is hydrophobic.
HPMC is hydrophilic and can be added to mortar, gypsum, paint, etc., to maintain the product's high water retention rate.
7. It has shape memory.
Compared with other water-soluble polymers, the deep liquid of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose has special viscoelasticity. Its addition can keep the shape of extruded ceramic products unchanged.
8. It has a lubricating effect.
Adding HPMC can reduce the friction coefficient and improve the lubricity of extruded ceramic and cement products.
9. The film formation is excellent.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can produce flexible, transparent, excellent mechanical properties and has good oil and fat resistance.
What is HPMC Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose used for?
1. This product can be used to make cement mortar. Because hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose improves the dispersity of cement sand, thereby improving the plasticity and water retention of mortar, preventing cracks and enhancing the strength of cement.
2. It can be used to make tile cement. Adding it improves plasticity and water retention of brick mortar, improve the bonding force of ceramic tiles, and prevent pulverization.
3. It can make coating refractory materials such as asbestos. As a suspension agent and fluidity improver, it also improves the adhesion to the substrate.
4. It can be used to make gypsum coagulation slurry. It can improve water retention and processability and improve adhesion to the substrate.
5. It can be used to make joint cement. Adding foaming agents to gypsum board joint cement can improve water and fluidity retention.
6. It can be used to make latex putty. It can improve the fluidity and water retention of putty based on resin latex.
7. It can be used to make plaster: As a slurry that replaces natural materials, it can improve the bond strength with the substrate and improve water retention.
8. It can be used to make paintings. As a plasticizer for latex paint, it improves the handling performance and fluidity of paint and putty powder.
9. It can be used to make spray coating. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose has a good effect on preventing cement or latex spraying only material filler from sinking and improving fluidity and spray pattern.
10. It can be used to make cement and gypsum secondary products. It is used as an extrusion binder for hydraulic materials such as cement-asbestos series, which can improve fluidity and obtain uniform formed products.
11. It can be used to make fiber walls. Because of its anti-enzyme and antibacterial effects, it is an effective binder for sand walls.
12. It can be used as a bubble-retaining agent for thin mortar, sand mortar, and plaster operators.
HPMC Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose Supplier
TRUNNANO is a reliable HPMC Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose supplier with over 12-year experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development.
If you are looking for high-quality Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We accept payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union, and Paypal. TRUNNANO will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.