Appearance:White crystalline powder
Vitamin C(C6H8O6), w%:≥99.0
Residue on ignition (%):≤ 0.10
Heavy metals(As):≤10 ppm
Description of Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C
Ascorbic Acid is a white or slightly yellow crystals or powder, a little acid with the m.p. of 190℃-192℃. It is easily soluble in water, a little soluble in alcohol and uneasily soluble in Ether and chloroform and other organic solvent. In solid state it is stable in air. Its water solution is easily mutated when it meets with air.
Technical Parameters of Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C
|Items||Appearance||Vitamin C(C6H8O6), w%||Residue on ignition (%)||Arsenic||Heavy metals(As)||Lead|
|Standard||White crystalline powder||≥99.0|
|≤3 ppm||≤10 ppm|
Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C used in concrete
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), as a building material admixture, has been used in expressways, high-rise buildings, bridges and culverts and other construction projects, can be compounded, is an excellent water reducer additive.
Vitamin C contains a large number of strong polar functional groups carboxyl and hydroxyl groups, which provide dispersion and flow properties to cement particles through adsorption, dispersion, wetting and other surface activity, and by reducing the friction resistance between cement particles, reduce the free energy of the interface between cement particles and water to increase the workability of fresh concrete.
At the same time, polycarboxylic acids are adsorbed on the surface of cement particles, and carboxylate ions make cement particles carry a negative charge, resulting in electrostatic repulsion between cement particles and dispersion of cement particles, resulting in inhibition of the condensation tendency of cement paste. increase the contact area between cement particles and water, so that cement is fully hydrated.
In the process of diffusing cement particles, the free water surrounded by condensates is released, which improves the workability and reduces the amount of mixing water.
Precautions of Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C
1. This product is non-toxic and harmless, biodegradable, but not edible;
2. If it gets into the eyes, it should be rinsed with plenty of water in time;
3. If you cause allergies to part of the human body, you should consult a doctor in time.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.