Maltodextrin (MD) is a low-conversion product between starch and starch sugar. White or slightly light yellow amorphous powder in appearance, without visible impurities, with a special smell, not sweet or slightly sweet taste. Its hydrolysis DE value determines the physical properties of maltodextrin. This value indicates the extent of hydrolysis and is a crucial factor in understanding the product's characteristics. In essence, the degree of hydrolysis of maltodextrin determines its DE value. A higher DE value means the product has increased dissolved oxygen, sweetness, permeability, fermentability, browning reaction, and freezing point depression. However, the texture, viscosity, and pigment stability may worsen alongside crystallization resistance.
Features of Maltodextrin
1. Maltodextrin is a starch hydrolysis product with a DE value of 5-20.
2. Maltodextrin can be a white powder or concentrated liquid. Good fluidity and no smell.
3. Maltodextrin has good solubility and moderate viscosity.
4. Maltodextrin has low hygroscopicity and is not easy to agglomerate.
5. Maltodextrin is an effective carrier for sweeteners, flavorings, fillers, and other substances. Its carrier effect is highly regarded. It has a good emulsifying and thickening effect.
6. Maltodextrin has good film-forming performance, which can prevent product deformation and improve product appearance.
What is maltodextrin used for?
Adding maltodextrin to building material admixture can delay the hydration heat and slow the solidification. Compared with other retarders, maltodextrin has a better retarding effect and workability for concrete. Maltodextrin can only be used with water-reducing agents and pumping agents because it is a concrete retarder, which can delay the hydration rate of cement so that the concrete can reach the construction site from the station as required.
Is maltodextrin a natural ingredient?
Maltodextrin is technically based on nature. Manufacturers derive maltodextrin from starchy foods like potatoes, corn, and wheat. However, it is highly processed.
TRUNNANO is a reliable maltodextrin supplier with over 12-year experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development.
If you are looking for high-quality maltodextrin, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We accept payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union, and Paypal. TRUNNANO will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea.
Ask a quote for the latest price and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible. Fields marked with * are required.